Friday, August 26, 2011

Easy Peasy Wreath #Craft

It seems like it has been a very long time since I posted about scrapbooking, crafting or anything handmade by me.  So with that in mind, check out the wreath I made the other day!


This is such an easy craft that turns out beautifully!  Pretty much all that is involved is cutting out circles of fabric to make flowers.  I used three different lids to trace the circles and then cut them out.  I chose to use four different coordinating fabrics and various brads to assemble my "flowers".  Stack up the three different sizes of fabric circles, stab a brad through the center and voila! you're ready to get the hot glue gun going. By the way, I like to do crafts while sitting on my bed watching tv... that part of the house is air-conditioned and I can watch what I want on tv. :)


Once you have assembled your flowers (I'm not sure how many I made but I did use almost all of 1/4 yard each of the 4 fabrics) hot glue them onto a grapevine wreath.  I pushed the brads in a little into the wreath so that the fabric wasn't just sitting on the top of the wreath.  This made the fabric flowers a little poofy so they would stand out a little more.  Once the wreath was full, I hot glued on a few unique buttons on a few of the more plain brads.  All in all, this project took the better part of an evening and cost under $5.00 for the materials.  I gave it to the very kind nurse in my neighborhood who gives me my B12 shots every 2 weeks.  Next on the agenda, make one to match my kitchen!

1 comments:



Hilary said...

I came from the DIY Showoff. I've been wanting to make some kind of wreath. Oddly enough, I hadn't considered fabric. Thanks for the ideas, and nice to "meet" you. I'd love for you to come by my place.