Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dabbling in Kanzashi...

The art of Japanese kanzashi has always fascinated me. The elaborate hair ornaments are so beautiful and exotic. I had been wanting to attempt creating a flower in this style, but I much prefer paper as my medium. To make a long story short... using THIS TUTORIAL, paper and tacky craft glue instead of rice paste I made a paper kanzashi flower ! I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with this large paper flower but it was fun to learn a new technique !


And I might mention... wahhooooo it was quite a lovely, warm day here ! I think maybe spring has finally set in. The mountains are still snowy but it was a wonderful 70 degrees this afternoon down in the valley. I snapped some photos from the front yard of the clear blue sky:




xoxoxoxox
~Wendy

3 comments:



elezend said...

Very very beautiful flower. Reminds me of the dragonfly attempt me and my friend tried to make at school using magazine paper but we failed because magazine papers are hard.



Rocki's Rock 'n Beads said...

How cool! I love the flower and the pictures are fantastic!
☼ Rocki



Purseonality Bags said...

What a beautiful flower, I'll have to try the tutorial. Great job.