Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Shopping Trip... Not Quite Extreme Couponing

I'm a couponer, yes.  I just can't quite get "Extreme" with it.... yet.  Of course, I am referring to TLC's Extreme Couponing where the people buy 400 million dollars of groceries for 2.5 cents.  Maybe I just don't need 2500 sticks of deodorant?  All joking aside, couponing is a way of life and today was no exception.


My most recent shopping trip resulted in getting just over $100 of groceries for $30-something.  Not spectacular, but not bad.  Everyone likes to see my receipt when I arrive home from the grocery store but today I heard "not your best trip, Mom".. ha!!  I got 47 items for $32.81 which calculates out to .70 per item and this included a family pack of chicken breasts, family pack of ground beef, and a bottle of laundry detergent.  I'll give myself a pat on the back and keep counting my pennies!

2 comments:



Miss Muffy said...

Hey girl! Thanks for coming by my blog :)
Love yours! You are my hero- I've ALWAYS wanted to coupon!!!
Hope you had a great weekend!
Muffy



Lisa K said...

Hi- I also am a "couponer" not to the extreme- I also agree I do not need 3000 rolls of TP.
Found you at the Alexa Hop- Hope you will stop by and check out my blog.